Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "If you start something, you might as well finish it."
Vince's superior athletic abilities compared to those of his friends often made him egoistic. However, deep down, he knows how important his friends are to him. He is also very competitive and often competes with Lawson and his gang. In the Recess Gang, he and Spinelli are considered T.J.'s right hand.
Vince has an older brother, Chad, who is a geek. Although he and Vince are very different, Vince looks up to him.
Relationships With Other Members Of The Gang
Mikey looks up to Vince, which is the focus of the episode "Copycat Kid". Mikey wishes he could be "cool" like Vince and be sporty (and was quite capable of shooting baskets in the episode), until Vince copies him. In the end Mikey realizes the value of himself as an individual. The two remain good friends afterward.
Gretchen and Vince are good friends, but have a rivalry. Most of their friendship is seen in "The Candidates", where they are put against each other for Class President. They are competitive until the end, where Vince realizes Gretchen truly deserved the spot. They end with Gretchen saying "a game of tetherball against a good friend". They have their moments of arguing and disagreeing, but also appear to be good friends.
Many have speculated Vince and T.J. to be best friends. In "The Barnaby Boys", Vince and T.J. act as characters from their favorite book. They are seen doing a lot of things together back in second grade, such as being in the same Boy Scout troop or making up the word "Whomps". However, in "The Break-up" T.J. can't bring himself to say Vince is his best friend. Vince is also occasionally ambivalent to T.J.'s plans, especially in the beginning of the show. It is thought T.J. shares the most interests with Vince, but he is an equal friend in T.J.'s sight.
Both Vince and Spinelli are considered T.J.'s Right Hand. They are good friends but don't interact as much as they do with other members of the gang.
Vince and Gus don't interact as much as they do with other members of the gang. They were shown to do a project together in Good Ole T.J..
He is a tall and lean boy with black hair. He is taller than Gus, T.J. and Spinelli, but is shorter than Mikey and Gretchen. Vince wears a green basketball jersey with the number 1 on it with short grey shorts. He wears black and white sneakers and often seen with a yellow wristband.
Vince looked slightly different in the unaired pilot from 1996 (which would eventually be re-made into "The Break In"). In it, he had the same hair color, but his hair was in a buzz cut, he wore a red T-shirt with a yellow "1" on it (some earlier sketches showed the "1" as a "V"), and had a slightly "older" look, like a teenager, though he had the same shorts and sneakers. The show's creators, Paul and Joe once stated that they had to go through a lot of hairstyles before choosing the right one for Vince. In the Episode "I Will Kick No More Forever", his '1' changed to '0', describing his loss of Confidence.
Foreign Voice Actors
- Finnish: Samuel Harjanne
- French: Dimitri Rougeul
- German: Kim Hasper
- Italian: Monica Ward
- Japanese: Taya Hayabusa (First half of series), Miyu Irino (Second half of series)
- Norwegian: Even Rognlid
- Polish: Jederzej Lagodzinski
- Swedish: Sebastian Paulsson
- Hindi: Prasad Barve
- Like Gretchen and Spinelli, Vince is one of the only members of the main six to keep the same voice actor in every episode, movie, and the Lilo & Sitch crossover.
- While playing kickball, he kicks with his left leg and throws with his right hand.
- According to the original Recess website in the late 1990s, Michael Jordan is Vince's idol.
- He's been the Class President every year since kindergarten, except fourth grade. It is unknown whether who became the class president in fifth grade.
- Vince is based on Paul Germain and Joe Ansolabehere's friend in college, also named Vince.
- Vince has been in every episode of the series.
- According to "Teachers Lounge", Vince has a dog, but it is unknown what its gender and name is.
- His pee wee pal was Jake
- He stood up to Chucko.
- He gets fan-mail from Brasilia addressed to El Yanki Fantastico.
|The Recess Wiki has a collection of images about Vince LaSalle|