|Season 01, Episode 23 (12A)|
|Air Date||January 10, 1998|
|Previous||The Great Can Drive|
|Next||Kids in the Mist|
When Principal Prickly discovered that Mikey sang exactly like the real Robert Goulet (who used to portray Mikey's talented singing voice), he appoints a beautiful, young music teacher Miss Salimony. Mikey becomes attracted to her.
- According to T.J., the gang were outside at the beginning for Van Buran's birthday. Later in the episode, it's mentioned that Mikey has to sing for the Spring Fling. This is incorrect; Martin Van Buran's birthday is December fifth, which isn't during the spring.
- When Spinelli is first shown sipping on her soda, her lips aren't drawn.
- Brandon the Singing Kid makes his first appearance.
- This episode portrays Mikey as one of only two of the main six characters (the other being Spinelli) to develop a crush on someone.
- This was the first time Mikey's singing voice was heard.
- A clip of this episode was shown on a behind-the-scenes feature on the DVD of Recess: School's Out.
- Miss Salimony would later make a cameo in Lawson and His Crew during Kurst the Worst and Randall's Ballet Performance.
- This episode is similar to the Rocko's Modern Life episode, "The Lounge Singer", where Rocko finds out that his friend, Filburt, is a talented lounge singer.
- T.J. Detweiler - Ross Malinger
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Mikey Blumberg (Singing) - Robert Goulet
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- King Bob - Toran Caudell
- Miss Salamone - Glenne Headley
- Brandon - Michael Shulman
- Antonio - Jess Harnell
- Kid #1/Kid #2/Kid #4 - Ryan O'Donohue
- Kid #3 - Anndi McAfee