The Spy Who Came In from the Playground is the fourth episode of the fourth season of Recess, which was first broadcast on September 13, 1999.
There is a mole in The Recess Gang's midst, who is ratting out all their secret routes and short-cut strategies. His name is James Stone, and he is befriended by T.J. and the rest of the Gang.
- Fall 1997 (according to Miracle on Third Street)
- This was the final episode to be written by Michael Kramer.
- Clips of this episode were included in Toon Disney's "Weekend Bonus Stacks" promo.
- This episode was paired with "A Genius Among Us" outside the US.
- The title of this episode may be a reference to John Le Carre's 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold.'
- Technically, since James was a spy he was actually a John Andre (who was a spy for the British during the Revolutionary War) because Benedict Arnold was an American who switched to the British.
- This is one of the few episodes mentioned in the movie, "Recess Christmas: Miracle on Third Street".
- This is a rare time where Randall is on the gang's side.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- Randall Weems - Ryan O'Donohue
- Ashley Armbruster - Anndi McAfee
- Lunchlady Irma - Tress MacNeille
- Superintendent Skinner - John Astin
- James Stone - Jason Marsden
- ↑ www.imdb.com/title/tt0684062/