|The Kid Came Back|
|Season 01, Episode 14 (7B)|
|Air Date||October 25, 1997|
|Previous||I Will Kick No More Forever|
|Written By|| Holly Huckins|
Based on a story of Rachel Lipman
|Directed By||Chuck Sheetz|
A kid no one has ever seen before is walking the playground, bringing bad luck and peanut butter wherever he goes. He finally settles on our gang, and they begin having the worst luck of their lives, balls and bats being damaged, injuries, and other indescribable odd fates. The gang thinks about what had made their luck so bad, then they figure it out. The Peanut Butter Kid is a jinx!
They then try to ditch the Peanut Butter Kid, sending him around the playground, the state, and the world. Eventually they confront him, and he then walks away sadly. When the bad luck continues, however, they realize that it wasn't the Peanut Butter Kid's fault, that they were mean to him for nothing, and mainly, that bad luck cannot be blamed on any one thing. When they try and reconcile with the Peanut Butter Kid, he has met a new group of friends to hang out with. However, as both a sign of forgiveness and to remember him by, the Peanut Butter Kid gives them the remains of his sandwich. They then go back to their old ways, and meet a new girl, who always eats ice cream, they then run for their lives before she can become attached so as not to make the same mistake again.
- Continuity error: Despite having taken several bites out of it, Peanut Butter Kid's sandwich only has one bite in it throughout the episode.
- Animation error/audio error: When Spinelli screams after seeing Peanut Butter Kid return from getting Vince's ball, her mouth doesn't move.
- Both Peanut Butter Kid and Ice Cream Girl appear in later episodes, but only as background extras.
- Neither Peanut Butter Kid nor Ice Cream Girl ever speaks in the episode, however they did speak in King Gus and Don't Ask Me.
- The episode's title is a parody of the song, "The Cat Came Back".
- This is the first time Gus is seen without his glasses.
- Clips of this episode were used in ABC's "R-E-C-E-S-S" commercial in 1997.
- This the first non speaking appearance of King Bob.
- T.J. Detweiler - Ross Malinger
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Ashley Armbruster - Anndi McAfee
- Ashley Boulet - Francesca Smith
- Ashley Quinlan - Rachel Crane
- Chucko/Kid - Ryan O'Donohue