How much would you rate "The Game" out of 5?
|Season 02, Episode 05 (16A)|
|Air Date||September 26, 1998|
|Next||The Lost Ball|
|Written By||Peter Gaffney|
|Directed By||Chuck Sheetz|
An addictive tile game called Ajimbo reaches Third Street and it isn't long before everyone except T.J. are turned into zombies. They can't think about anything but Ajimbo.
- This episode debuted at the start of the enormous Pokemon craze in North America (having started in Japan one year earlier), and Ajimbo may be refrencing the card game of the franchise. As of July 2011, the craze is still going strong. The television show was dubbed in English by 4Kids (and now dubbed in-house by The Pokemon Company), and was shown on Kids' WB!, which was the biggest competetor to Disney's One Saturday Morning (Disney and Warner Brothers have been competetors since the 1930s) until OSM was terminated in 2003. The second Pokemon movie was supposed to compete with Recess: School's Out as well, but Disney pushed the movie's release back to avoid competition from the franchise.
- This is the first episode with Andrew Lawrence voicing T.J.
- This the first and only ever time when Upside-Down Girl is not seen hanging upside-down.
- This is another episode that hints that T.J. has a crush on Spinelli. As T.J. gets worried about Gus, Gretchen and Mikey but is shown to be more saddened about Spinelli getting into Ajimbo.
- This is the only where Francesca Smith voices Cornchip Girl.
- This episode shares the same title as an episode of Disney's Aladdin TV series.
- At the end of the episode a character is seen wearing a St. Vitas Middle School shirt suggesting that the town contains more than just Spiro T. Agnew.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Ms. Finster - April Winchell
- Randall Weems/Dave/Kid #3 - Ryan O'Donohue
- Guru Kid/Sam - Klee Bragger
- King Bob - Toran Caudell
- Upside-Down Girl/Cornchip Girl/Ashley Boulet - Francesca Smith
- Kid #1/King Bob's Guard #1/King Bob's Guard #2 - Justin Shenkarow
- Captain Sticky/Kid #2/Kindergartener #1 - E.G. Daily
- Spencer - Kath Soucie
- Kid #4 - Michael Shulman
- Kid #5 - Erik Von Detten