|The First Picture Show|
|Season 04, Episode 01|
|Air Date||September 12, 1999|
|Previous||The Ratings Game|
|Next||The Big Prank|
T.J. finds out about the first Señor Fusion movie and vows to see the first show as a school field trip. The rest of the gang help by convincing several teachers of the benefits of seeing the movie (and for the art teacher, the theater building), ending up against Principal Prickly, who is also a major fan. T.J. loses on a technicality, because he pronounced the name wrong. But then Prickly decided to say T.J. won.
The next day, Lawson buys his ticket to see the movie, but he is soon lead out of the theater by Ms. Finster, because he made an excuse about a family reunion. He is given detention for the rest of the year.
Coloring Error: When T.J. informs the gang about the movie, Vince's lips briefly turn lighter.
- This episode, along with The Big Prank, were the first episodes of the show to debut on Disney's One Too, which aired on UPN. New episodes would debut on UPN until the start of the fifth season, where new episodes would only be broadcast on ABC.
- This episode was paired up with "Gus' Fortune" outside the US.
- This episode's title is a refrence to the 1971 drama film, The Last Picture Show
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Colins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- Erwin Lawson - Erik von Detten
- Coach Kloogey - Paul Wilson
- Mr. Dunn - Gregg Berger
- Senor Fusion/Man - Frank Welker