|The Biggest Trouble Ever|
|Season 04, Episode 13|
|Air Date||November 7, 1999|
T.J. and the Recess Gang are deemed criminals because of an accident involving a statue of the school's namesake.
The episode begins with a journalist introducing himself in front of the school. The clip changes to two construction workers (from "The Great Jungle Gym Standoff") putting the 60 year old statue of Thaddeus T. III the III in its place, which has returned from overseas after 8 years getting shined. When the workers realize that they left the bolts in the van, they decide to take a break and go for lunch. Back in the playground, the children are busy cleaning the school. The Recess Gang are part of the Leaf team. When they discover the statue, they appreciate it and than climb it, just when the statue is revealed and the whole town sees them atop the statue, just when it breaks down (the workers didn't bolt it down). Miss Finster exclaims "You six are in the biggest trouble ever!"
Later on the local TV News channel, the journalist expresses his anger and gives the children the name "The Destructive Six." He reveals that Mayor Fitzhugh will conduct a secret meeting to decide a punishment for the kids. The next day while on the way to school, the children decide that they will apologize to Principal Prickley and explain their side of the story. Later, they are forbidden from recess and from seeing Prickley. They are given punishments from Miss Finster that she thought were 'appropriate'. The kids had to clean the floor with toothbrushes, peel onions and cut grass on the playground with scissors, wearing orange clothes, like prisoners. During the punishment, Mayor Fitzhugh invites them to the hearing since the council has decided a punishment, to send them to six separate schools, much to the shock of everyone else, even Miss Finster and Principal Prickley.
At the hearing, Prickley protests, but stops on the Mayor's warning. Just when the Mayor is about to declare the punishment, Thaddeus T. III the V (Grandson of T.T III the III) enters. He speaks for the kids and shows them a slide projection. He shows the photos of Finster, Prickley, and others climbing the statue when they were children, paying extra attention to one of Mayor Fitzhugh as a boy 'trying' to break the statue. He explains that the kids can't be punished for doing things that kids have always done, and always will do. Mayor Fitzhugh proclaims the matter closed. Everybody celebrates.
- Coloring error: When everyone gasps after seeing the Recess Gang on the statue, Sue Bob Murphy's hair is red.
- Animation error: When the gang are shown laughing at Vince's joke when they're scrubbing the floor with toothbrushes, Gus' mouth is drawn over his hand.
- In the beginning of the episode, T.J. reveals that his middle name is Jasper.
- Clips of this episode were included in Toon Disney's "Weekend Bonus Stacks" promo from 2004.
- Thaddeus T. Third V. makes his first appearance in this episode.
- Mundy's first name is revealed to be Conrad.
- This is the third time T.J. is shown wearing his "formal" outfit; the first two times being in "The Experiment" and "One Stayed Clean".
- This is the second time Spinelli wears her first "formal" outfit; the first time being in "The Experiment".
- This is the second time Mikey wears his "formal" outfit; the first time being in "One Stayed Clean".
- This is the second time Vince wears his first "formal" outfit, the first time being in "Teachers Lounge".
- This is the first time Gretchen and Gus are shown in their second "formal" outfits; they will wear them again in "Bonky Fever".
- The council of ministers will appear again in Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade.
- The episode pays homage to both Escape from Alcatraz and Full Metal Jacket.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- Mayor Fitzhugh - Ronnie Schell
- Thaddeus T. Third V - Ed Asner
- Mort Chalk - Charles Kimbrough
- Ron/Construction Worker - Gregg Berger
- Conrad Mundy - Warren Sroka
- Jerry/Man - Sam McMurray