|Swing on Thru to the Other Side|
|Season 01, Episode 26 (13B)|
|Air Date||January 17, 1998|
|Written By||Joe Ansolabehere|
|Directed By||Chuck Sheetz|
After believing to see her swinging over the top of the swing-set, Spinelli starts a cult devoted to Swinger Girl.
Spinelli creates a cult based on Swinger Girl as she witnessed her swing over the top from her swing after failed to do so whilst witnessed by the whole student body and also develops a more gentle if irrational behaviour. During her cult, she is not present in Third Street School and many of the students, including Mikey and Gus, join her cult. The remaining gang who do not believe her, T.J., Vince and Gretchen, doubt her ways as she considered that Swinger Girl went on another dimension after going over the top the reason for her disappearance.
Spinelli then attempts to join her by swinging over the top with the swing by herself. Before she could do so, Swinger Girl returns to school as she claims that she almost made it over the top although leapt off when her mother called her and was absent on vacation, resulting in her following to notice that what Spinelli thought was not true and disbanding the cult. Whilst her religious thoughts on Swinger Girl were doubted by the gang, they praised it as well for her belief on it. Spinelli eventually swings with her now non believed upon.
- The title is a reference to the Doors' song "Break on Through (to the Other Side)."
- This is the final time T.J. is shown with highlights in his eyes. By the next episode, which starts the next season, they are removed for unknown reasons. His eyes will continue to be drawn with highlights on certain pieces of merchandise.
- This is the only episode where Swinger Girl is a major character.
- In the episode "The Great Can Drive", Swinger Girl is ready to beat the Ashleys which implies that she's not in the same class as them, but in this episode Vince says "The kids in Miss Furley's class said she never showed up for school today", Miss Furley's class being the class that the Ashleys are in.
- T.J. shows his concern for Spinelli; when he fears that her drastic attempt to join ‘Swinger girl’ on the "other side” is too dangerous, and warns her that she could get seriously hurt or even killed if she goes through with it.
- In the French dub of the episode, Marie-Charlotte Leclair, Ashley B.'s voice actress, played Ashley A. in the episode instead of Patricia Legrand.
- This is the last episode written by series co-creator Joe Ansolabehere.
- This is the seventh speaking appearance of King Bob.
- T.J. Detweiler - Ross Malinger
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Colins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segal-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Sam/Phil/Kid #1/Kid #3/Kid #4 - Klee Bragger
- Swinger Girl/Upside-Down Girl/Kid #2 - Francesca Smith
- King Bob - Toran Caudell
- Ashley Armbruster/Kid #5 - Anndi McAfee
- Kindergartener #1 - E.G. Daily
- Kindergartener #2 - Kath Soucie