|Season 04, Episode 21|
|Air Date||November 21, 1999|
|Previous||Diggers Split Up|
Third Street School gets a new technology system installed called the SAL 3000 which controls everything.
After complaining about losing their precious recess time, Spinelli accidentally breaks the school clock. As a consequence of this, Principal Prickly unveils the new SAL 3000 clock and bell system, which is incapable of error and accurate to within one millionth of a second, and decides when recess begins. At the end of recess, however, Gus misses the final tone after coming out of the bathroom and is locked out. Gretchen assures there's nothing wrong with SAL 3000. Suddenly, SAL 3000 turns on the students. He shuts off the water fountain and drenches Mikey, bursts Vince's basketball, slows down Swinger Girl, makes the Diggers fill up their hole, dethrones King Bob and makes Guru Kid put on a T-shirt. He also fires Principal Prickly, and the rest of the staff, and takes over all teaching functions. Back in Miss Grotke's class he calls Gretchen "dumb" and orders T.J. to remove his hat, so the students decide they have had enough and team up to shut him down. Spinelli, Gordy and Wylie distract SAL 3000 while the other students reach his control center. They are able to deactivate SAL 3000 by switching off his life support systems. The old school clock is repaired and is put back in its rightful place.
- When Gordy is taunting SAL 3000, his hat briefly turns black.
- Willy's name is pronounced "Why-lee" in this episode as opposed to "Wih-lee".
- When Gretchen says that SAL 3000 called her dumb, one of her freckles is missing.
- In the episode "Recess is Cancelled", the Secretary of education says that a SAL 9000 is making a choice. The episode took place before "Schoolworld", so, either SAL 3000 is an old technology or that it was a goof. In the episode "The Terrifying tales of recess", SAL 4000 is used, and is also mentioned at the end of this episode. So it is most probably a goof.
- This episode loosely parodies HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- "Excuse me student LaSalle, you have dropped your lucky Nickel" is a reference to "Good Luck Charm"
- This episode takes a slight genre shift, as it's the only sci-fi episode of the series.
- This episode was cut from the Italian dub.
- This was the final episode to be written by Scott Shelley.
- The title is likely a reference to the 1973 film Westworld.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- Swinger Girl - Francesca Smith
- Gordy/Kid #1 - Klee Bragger
- Willy - Ryan O'Donohue
- SAL 3000 - Gregg Berger
- Coach Kloogey/Scientist - Paul Willson
- Construction worker - Tom Kenny
- Kid #2 - Anndi McAfee
- Kid #3 - Justin Jon Ross