SAL 3000 was Third Street's new clock and bell system installed in "Schoolworld" because Spinelli broke the original clock. Originally SAL 3000 was a friend to the students. But once Gretchen said technology was man's best friend he said "Thank you Student Gr-gr-Grundler," showing the first sign of malfunction. Once SAL 3000 was shut down Prickly said he wanted the new SAL 4000 when it came out in 18 months. In the episode " The Terrifying Tales of Recess," it is revealed that Third Street got the new SAL 4000 upgrade. SAL turned evil after his first malfunction.
Malfunctional Things SAL Did
- Fired Principal Prickly and all the staff.
- Locked Gus out of the school after he came from the bathroom at 10:46.
- Shut off the water for Mikey and soaked him with it.
- Locked the principal's door and window.
- Locked the staff in the office.
- Rang the tone 4 minutes before recess ended, and locked many kids.
- Called Gretchen Grundler, the smartest girl at Third Street School, dumb.
- Eavesdropped on the gang's talk about him.
- Over-inflated Vince's ball, causing it and the air inflation arm to explode..
- Forced Swinger Girl to stop swinging.
- Made the Diggers fill in their hole.
- Dethroned King Bob.
- Forced Guru Kid to put on his shirt
- Cooling the water from the Water Cooler.
- Distributing playground balls to students.
- Filling the playground balls with air if necessary.
- Being accurate to a millionth of a second.
- Having AI and responding to the Students.
- Ability to directly contact parents.
- Teach in class like a regular teacher.
- Sal 3000 is a parody of the computer, Hal 9000, from the film 2001: A Space Odyssey.