Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recess Christmas: Miracle on Third Street is a Disney direct-to-video animated film released on November 6, 2001, released alongside Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse and Santa Who?. It compiles of four unrelated episodes of the Recess TV series, including the series' Christmas special "Yes, Mikey, Santa Does Shave."
The film was re-released in November 2003 on DVD only.
Prickly, Miss Grotke and Finster head home during a snowstorm and remember the times with T.J. and the gang. When they get stuck in a snowbank, Prickly blames it on T.J. and the others, although Grotke says there is a logical explanation over that, considering that T.J. and the kids are not around the snowbank.
As Grotke and Finster tell their stories about their experiences with T.J. and the gang, they are rescued, from where they are trapped, by T.J. and the gang, and Prickly admits T.J. and the others aren't so bad, to which Finster agrees, saying it really makes her feel more warm and fuzzy than before. The film ends with T.J. and the gang singing their version of Jingle Bells, describing about their classmates and teachers.
- The DVD version of the movie was one of the final DVDs to include the 1991 Walt Disney Home Video logo. The VHS used the 2001 version instead.
- The movie is made up of the episodes "Principal for a Day", "The Great Can Drive", "Weekend at Muriel's", and "Yes, Mikey, Santa Does Shave". "Gus's Last Stand", "Speedy, We Hardly Knew Ye", and "The Spy Who Came In From the Playground" were also refrenced, but not shown.
- After the movie was released, it became the standard Christmas special for Recess when aired on Disney Channel, Toon Disney, and later Disney XD.
- This is the last time Mikey's singing voice is heard.
- The film premiered on Disney XD on December 25, 2009 at 10:30 AM.
- The film was originally called A Recess Christmas: Miracle on Third Street, as seen in early advertisements. For the final film, the "A" was dropped.
Main Movie/Most of the flashbacks
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Ricky D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg (Speaking) - Jason Davis
- Mikey Blumberg (Singing) - Robert Goulet
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- Santa Claus - James Earl Jones
- T.J. Detweiler ("The Great Can Drive") - Ross Malinger
- Randall Weems/Dave/Kid #1/Kid #4 - Ryan O'Donohue
- Guru Kid/Sam/Kid #3 - Klee Bragger
- Swinger Girl/Ashley Boulet - Francesca Smith
- Cornchip Girl - Ashley Johnson
- Ashley Armbruster/Kid #2 - Anndi McAffee
- Ashley Quinlan - Rachel Crane
- Menlo - Blake Ewing
- Huslter Kid - Michael Shulman
- Hank - Paul Dooley
- Miss Lemon/Eudora P. Hinklestein - Tress MacNeille
- Mayor Fitzhugh - Ronnie Schell
- Flo Spinelli - Katey Segal
- Bob Spinelli/DJ/Doctor - Sam McMurray
- Erwin Lawson - Erik von Detten
- Comander Blaine/Mall Santa/Ricky McCloud - Jess Harnell
- Mr. Bream - Michael McKeane
- Trisha/Kid #5 - E.G. Daily
- Robotic Santa/TV Editor/Astronaut - Gregg Berger
- Dick Clark - Himself