A parents' night is coming-up at Third Street, and the gang except Spinelli is excited to bring their parents to school. Spinelli is apprehensive about her parents attending Parent's Night, having them not attend by making up excuses. Curious that she and her parents never attended Parents' Night (let alone that her parents are never seen), the gang attempt to have her attend. After a series of unhandy plans, Spinelli confirms that her parents will come.
When Parents' Night comes, Spinneli's parents attend, impressing the gang. It is found that these are not her real parents as she paid them to pretend to be as such. This deal falls through and Spinelli's faux parents leave. Later that night, her real parents come, embarrassing their daughter and being worse than the gang expected. The Spinelli's eventually reconcile and return to Parents' Night. After that, her father is revealed to actually be a Secret Agent. He is revealed to be Agent 006.
- This is the first appearances of the parents of the gang (with the exception of Gus' dad, who debuted in the episode "The New Kid," and Vince's parents, who debuted in the episode "Big Brother Chad",) as well as the parents of all of the Ashleys and Hustler Kid.
- Most of the kids have some resemblance to their parents, as seen in this episode. Hustler Kid looks like his dad, the Ashleys all look like their moms, Vince looks like his dad, Gretchen looks like both of her parents, Gus looks like a smaller, less-rugged version of his dad, T.J. looks like his mom, Mikey looks like his mom, and Spinelli has minor resemblance to both of her parents.
- This is the third time it's hinted that Spinelli has a crush on T.J., with her mom commenting that, "He's (T.J.) the one our little honey-bunches has the crush on".
- In one scene, Spinelli's fake dad asks Miss Grotke for "brews". This is one of the only times alcoholic beverages are outright stated in any Disney-produced animated series.
- When this episode aired in the U.K., the part where Spinelli's dad says, "With her fanny in the air" was cut. This cut was also present when the episode aired in reruns on ABC, UPN, and Disney Channel in the US. The line was reinstated in the US Toon Disney broadcast.
- This episode premiered on Rickey D'Shon Collins' (The voice of Vince) fifteenth birthday.
- In this episode, the walls in Spinelli's living room are pink. For the rest of the series, they're tan.
- In this episode only, April Winchell uses a higher voice for T.J.'s mom (Similar to the one she uses for Peg Pete on Goof Troop and Lydia Pearson on Pepper Ann). For the rest of the series, she uses her natural voice.
- Spinelli's fake dad is voiced by Jess Harnell who voices Wakko on Animaniacs and Captain Hero on Drawn Together.
- T.J. Detweiler - Ross Malinger
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler/Ashley Tomssia - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- Ashley Armbruster - Anndi McAfee
- Ashley Boulet - Francesca Smith
- Ashley Quinlan - Rachel Crane
- Mrs. Detweiler/Mrs. Blumberg/Mrs. Grundler/Mrs. Armbruster/Mrs. Boulet/Mrs. Quinlan/Mrs. Tomassia/Spinelli's Fake Mom - April Winchell
- Flo Spinelli - Katey Segal
- Mr. Griswald/Mr. Blumberg/Bob Spinelli - Sam McMurray
- Mr. Detweiler - Paul Willson
- Hustler Kid's dad/Spinelli's Fake Dad - Jess Harnell