The School is going on a field trip, but T.J.'s class bus breaks down, leaving them stranded.
- Menlo is voiced by Ryan O'Donohue in this episode instead of Blake Ewing.
- Sam, Dave and Menlo are all in the same class bus as T.J. and the gang, however, they're not in their class.
- "Take'm to MAZZOI" is a refrence to the 1987 film, Red River.
- In the conversation between Bertha and Grotke in the beginning of the episode. "They are retiring old Smokey!" "The Bear?" "No, The Bus." 'The bear' refers to Smokey Bear, an NPO that spreads awareness about wildfires.
- "Well it may be too late to get to MAZZOI but what do say we take the long way home?" is a possible reference to the 1979 hit single "Take the Long Way Home" by Supertramp.
- This episode and some of the characters in it bear a striking resemblance to those on the 90s show, "The Magic School Bus". There are characters like T.J. who bear a resemblance to Ralphie on the Magic School Bus. Also, this episode has the same design as the Magic School Bus
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Ricky D'Shon Colins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segal-Aldon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Bertha/Miss Lemon/Bus Driver #2 - Tress MacNeille
- Randall Weemes/Dave/Menlo/Kid #1/Kid #2/Kid #3 - Ryan O'Donohue
- Ashley Armbruster/Kid #4 - Anndi McAfee
- Ashley Quinland - Rachel Crane
- Matt/Bus Driver #1 - Sam McMurray
- Big Daddy/Bus Driver #3 - Paul Wilson
- Kid #5 - Klee Bragger