The episode starts with everyone playing at recess. All the playing equipment is packed. There are too many people at the cheese corner, too many people doing jump ropes. There are even tons of people on the seesaw! There are also kids on the roundabout. You-name-it!
Gus and Gretchen are in the line to play tetherball, but the line is long. Gus points out how many kids there are in line. Gretchen tells him that there are 27 kids ahead of them. But when another pushes them out of their way and cuts them, well, make that 28.
Out of all of them, the jungle gym looks the most crowded. There are kids piling on to it from top to bottom. Mikey tries to get them to let him in, so he jumps in, only to get trapped in.
T.J., Spinelli, and Vince are playing baseball. T.J. gets ready to throw the ball, but there are incoming kids that prevent him from doing so. When T.J. throws the ball, Vince catches it with the glove, but only to be tackled by a bunch of football players shortly after.
Then the bell rings, and everyone goes inside. The hallways are packed with students. Vince points out that the school is getting more crowded every day. Gretchen tells him that overcrowdedness is a real trend of the public school system, their school is no exception. T.J. is looking forward to lunch, but the gang and other kids find out that the lunch room is packed with a line, much to the gang's dismay. Vince notices that they're having Tuna Fish Tacos for lunch.
The gang gets excited because there's one more kid until them. But, the lunchlady announces that they're all out of Tuna Fish Tacos. Much to the gang's dismay. But Gretchen tells the gang that they're probably cooking up a batch of Tuna Fish Tacos as they speak, but the lunchlady instead gives them cream liver and eggplant, much, much more to the gang's dismay.
As the gang go home from school, they complain about what a lousy day it was, and they wish they could have the whole school to themselves, but then, they tell themselves and each other, that at their school, there's no room for dreaming.
The next day, as the bell rings, the gang run to school, thinking that they're late. When they see that both the entrance and the hallways are downright DESERTED, Gretchen tells them that she has the time for the Colorado region, and that it's only 30 seconds after 8:00 AM. The kids rush to Miss Grotke's classroom, to see only Miss Grotke there. Miss Grotke tells the gang that the kids who ate the Tuna Fish Tacos are home sick, to which Gretchen asks that they 're all alone. Gus asks Miss Grotke if she ate the tuna fish tacos, but Miss Grotke tells Gus that the faculty eat slightly different than the kids eat.
Miss Grotke tells them about the Faculty Lunch Room. Principal Prickly tells the waiters what he and Miss Grotke would want to eat. Miss Grotke says that since the rest of the kids are out, they're going to spend the day exercising the creative side of their brains. Vince tells Spinelli, in other words, to which Spinelli says, pretty day. And T.J. says his catchphrase, "Tender".
- During lunch, when T.J. asks Vince for another pepperoni, Vince instead gives him his entire pizza.
- This is the first episode where T.J. uses his catchphrase, "Tender".
- This was the first episode written by Steve Bannos.
- In reality, the school would have been shut down while all the students were recovering from poisoning, or simply canceled class.
- The CDC should have very easily been able to tell that the kids were faking.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- Lunchlady Irma/Nurse Kramer - Andrea Martin
- Man - Sam McMurray
- Kid - Ryan O'Donohue