|Lawson and his Crew|
|Season 05, Episode 11|
|Air Date||January 6, 2001|
|Previous||All the Principal's Men|
|Next||The Terrifying Tales of Recess|
To make T.J.'s gang become useless, Lawson organizes his own gang.
- When Cornchip Girl mentions that the second and third graders are having a dodgeball war, Gordy, Willy, Megan, and Phil, all fourth graders, can be seen amongst the second and third graders.
- When this episode first aired on ABC, the episode incorrectly had a 1999 copyright date at the end. Later reruns corrected this to 2000.
- The second part of this episode parodies the theme song at the beginning, with Lawson's gang taking the place of T.J.'s gang.
- This is the second 20-minute episode.
- This was meant to be the final episode of the show (and the movie being the big finale), however due to the success of the film in the theaters, the show was renewed for one more season.
- Episodes referenced in this episode (in order) are: "The Rules", "Prince Randall", "The Ratings Game", "The Library Kid", "Dodgeball City", "Teachers Lounge", "The Big Prank", "Tattletale Heart", "No Strings Attached", "Diggers Split Up", "Dance Lessons", "The Voice", "The Substitute", "Principal for a Day", "Lord of the Nerds", "The Barnaby Boys", "The Challenge", "Good Luck Charm", "Fort Tender", "The New Kid", "The Break-Up", and "Operation Stuart".
- Lawson's catchphrases are introduced here: "Now hang on just a minute", "I just got an idea", and "Now that's more like it" and are used to parody the opening of the second part of the episode. (Soccer Boy and Fort Tender).
- Right before the commercial break, T.J. turns to the camera and says, "Recess will never be the same", thus breaking the fourth wall. While he may have meant the period of day, the way his head was facing the audience signaled him breaking the fourth wall.
- This episode marks the final appearances of The Pale Kids, Library Kid, Mr. E, Miss Salimony, and Paul Prickly.
- This is the final episode to premiere on ABC. While the show would be rerun on the channel, the rest of the series would be aired on UPN and in syndication.
- This was the final episode aired before Recess: School's Out was released into theaters, and was released four days before the movie's premiere.
- This was the final episode written by Phil Walsh.
- In the French dub, the Ashleys give out lice shots instead of cootie shots; due to the concept of cooties not existing in France.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler/Ashley Tomassia - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg/Tubby - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- Randall Weems - Ryan O'Donohue
- Swinger Girl/Ashley Boulet - Francesca Smith
- Captain Sticky - E.G. Daily
- King Bob - Toran Caudell
- Cornchip Girl - Aria Noelle Curzon
- Ashley Armbruster - Anndi McAfee
- Ashley Quinland - Rachel Crane
- Menlo - Blake Ewing
- Cryer Kid/Phil/Kid #1 - Justin Jon Ross
- Greg Skeens - Danny Cooksey
- Kristen "Kurst the Worst" Kurst - Mayim Bialik
- Earwin Lawson/Lazy Kid - Erik von Detten
- Jocko - Michael Shulman
- Cheay - Kenny Blank