Jared Smith was the new kid at 3rd street school and only appeared in Here Comes Mr. Perfect.
Jared excels at everything he does. He is faster, stronger, smarter, and all around better than every other kid he meets. However he really doesn't like the fact that he's so skilled since this seeming perfection alienates him from other children who always get jealous of him, usually resulting in either bullying (Eg. dumping his books, training a hamster to use his desk as a toilet, putting Papier mâché mix in his thermos or in the case of Third Street locking him out (pretending he doesn't exist and barring him from their activities). Either this is the reason he has moved schools so much or being asked for help by the President.
He was voiced by Sam Gifaldi.
Jared wears a blue collar shirt, dark blue sweater, aqua pants and the same sneakers as Vince.
In his only appearance, Jared seems to be very talented and can do the things some of the students usually do. Including:
- Attending 38 schools since kindergarten, breaking Gus's record of 12.
- Answering a difficult math problem that even Gretchen couldn't solve accurately, and being the student in the hundredth percentile while Gretchen is in the 99.99th percentile for a math test.
- Beating Vince in a race (while Vince had a very long head-start) and making a tough basketball shot while facing the other way.
- Beating Spinelli in arm wrestling.
- Writing and reciting poetry better then Mikey.
- Making up better plans, being a better team leader and saving the day than T.J. (getting back a pair of clackers that Miss Finster took that were considered "lost forever").
- Swinging around the top 8 times, while Swinger Girl barely made 1.
- Digging the perfect hole that not even the diggers couldn't (very broad and perfectly square).
- Burping so loud that he shatter windows, which Tubby couldn't even do.
- Flying a jet and performing a perfect barrel roll (none of the other students could do that).
- Jared Smith is a deconstruction of the classical Gary Stu character, an overly perfect type of character who is good at everything and is without flaw. This results in him feeling lonely and alienated with everyone hating him because he is better then everyone else at everything.