Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|I Will Kick No More Forever|
|Season 01, Episode 13 (7A)|
|Air Date||October 25, 1997|
|Previous||Speedy, We Hardly Knew Ye|
|Next||The Kid Came Back|
|Written By||Michael Kramer|
|Directed By||Chuck Sheetz|
One day during a regular game of kickball, Vince LaSalle steps up to the plate. He kicks it out of the park. But then, in the bottom of the ninth, Ashley Q. comes up and smokes the ball further than anyone has ever done (to China), including Vince. He then falls into a funk, eventually quitting with the statement "I will kick no more forever!".
The gang decides to bring back his confidence by getting him back up to the plate and switching the regular kickball with Gretchen's Glorpball, a super-bouncy rubber-like substance. When the plan succeeds with Vince kicking the ball into the stratosphere, Gus comes out with the Glorpball and asks where everyone had went, he had been in the bathroom. Vince had kicked a real kickball, not the Glorpball. Miss Finster had taken the Glorpball, and had taken it to the ball room because it was looking good and good balls aren't play things according to her. It wreaked havoc bouncing off the walls.
- Coloring error: In the recording of one of Vince's previous kickball games, Gordy's skin is white.
- Coloring error: Right after Vince wins the kickball game at the end of the episode, Gretchen's bow on her dress is white.
- The way Vince is binging out on donuts and root beer during his depression is an allusion to how someone in a depression begins to heavily consume alcoholic beverages. Many other shows, such as 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic also have the same allusion (replacing alcohol with ice cream, etc.).
- Glorp is a parody of the substace, flubber, originally seen in the Disney film, The Absent-Minded Professor and its 1997 remake, Flubber.
- When Ashley Q. kicks the ball all the way to Communist China, the scene is sometimes altered in certain countries where she kicks the ball into a nearby dumpster, recycling footage from a previous episode.
- When Vince is in his depression, the "1" on his jersey becomes a "0", to reflect his failure.
- Vince's last name is revealed to be LaSalle in this episode.
- This was the first episode to be written by Michael Kramer.
- Clips of this episode were included in Toon Disney's "Weekend Bonus Stacks" promo from 2004 and a 2001 One Saturday Morning promo.
- This episode aired as part of a One Saturday Morning "Super Soccer Saturday" edition.
- T.J. Detweiler - Ross Malinger
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Ms. Finster - April Winchell
- Ashley Quinland - Rachel Crane
- Gordy/Willy - Erik von Detten
- Chinese Man/Astronaut - Jess Harnel