|I Will Kick No More Forever|
|Season 01, Episode 13 (7A)|
|Air Date||October 25, 1997|
|Previous||Speedy, We Hardly Knew Ye|
|Next||The Kid Came Back|
Vince completely loses his confidence at playing kickball when Ashley Q. beats him in a game.
Full Recap Edit
One day during a regular game of kickball, Vince LaSalle steps up to the plate. He kicks it out of the park. But then, in the bottom of the ninth, Ashley Q. comes up and smokes the ball further than anyone has ever done, including Vince. He then falls into a funk, eventually quitting with the statement "I will kick no more forever!".
The gang decides to bring back his confidence by getting him back up to the plate and switching the regular kickball with Gretchen's Glorpball, a super-bouncy rubber-like substance. When the plan succeeds with Vince kicking the ball into the stratosphere, Gus comes out with the Glorpball and asks where everyone had went, he had been in the bathroom. Vince had kicked a real kickball, not the Glorpball! Mrs. Finster had taken the Glorpball, and had taken it to the ball room where it wreaked havoc bouncing off the walls.
- The tape Vince is watching of himself in a previous kickball game he mentions to be from last summer. Later in the same scene, Gretchen mentions that it happened two weeks before the day the episode takes place in.
- In the recording of one of Vince's previous kickball games, Gordy's skin is white.
- Right after Vince wins the kickball game at the end of the episode, Gretchen's bow on her dress is uncolored.
- The way Vince is binging out on donuts and root beer during his depression is an allusion to how someone in a depression begins to heavily consume alcoholic beverages. Many other shows, such as 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic also have the same allusion (replacing alcohol with ice cream, etc.).
- Glorp is a parody of the substace, flubber, originally seen in the Disney film, The Absent-Minded Professor and it's 1997 remake, Flubber.
- When Ashley Q. kicks the ball all the way to Communist China, the scene is sometimes altered in certain countries where she kicks the ball into a nearby dumpster, recycling footage from a previous episode.
- When Vince is in his depression, the "1" on his jersey becomes a "0", to reflect his failure.
- Vince's last name is revealed to be LaSalle in this episode.
- This was the first episode to be written by Michael Kramer.
- Clips of this episode were included in Toon Disney's "Weekend Bonus Stacks" promo from 2004 and a 2001 One Saturday Morning promo.
- T.J. Detweiler - Ross Malinger
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Ashley Quinland - Rachel Crane
- Gordy/Willy - Erik von Detten
- Chinese Man/Astronaut - Jess Harnel