|Gus' Last Stand|
|Season 02, Episode 07 (17A)|
|Air Date||October 3, 1998|
|Previous||The Lost Ball|
|Next||Operation Field Trip|
|Written By||Jonathan Rosenthal|
|Directed By||Chuck Sheetz|
Gus' Last Stand is the third episode of the second season of Recess which was originally broadcast on October 3, 1998.
Gelman, a school bully begins to pick on Gus because the student who he previously bullied, Stemple, moves away, and, unaware that Gelman is around, Gus exited the bathroom. After turning his attention to Gus, Gelman routinely tosses Gus into a garbage bin, despite the gangs' best attempts to thwart Gelman and despite Ms. Finster threatening to bring him to Principal Prickly's office faster than he can say "detention" if he touches Gus or any other kid (only behind her back). After receiving some conflicting advice from Mikey and Spinelli, both of whom disagree with each other on what to do, Gus asks his dad what a "little country", Gus, should do about being picked on by a "big country", Gelman, and Gus' dad tells him the story of Belgium and Germany during WWI. This inspires Gus to stand up to Gelman, for which he gets a serious beating. But at the end of the battle Gus' friends and many of the kids at Third Street step in to help Gus win the war.
- Animation Error: When the gang walk out of school before Gus and Gelman's big fight, Gretchen's dress is green.
- Continuity Error: Although Stemple moves away, he sometimes appears in the background of certain episosdes.
- When Stemple is gathering his things, preparing to leave, before Gelman finds him, he is seen in Miss Grotke's class. However, he has never been shown to be one of her students.
- Coloring Error: When T.J. tells Gelman to stop fighting Gus, T.J.'s freckles are missing.
- Gus' dad's lesson on WWI was full of innacuracies. Mainly when he stated the German Empire invaded Poland when Poland was a part of Prussia under the German Empire at the time.
- This is the first appearances of Gelman and Gus' mom.
- This episode premiered on Erik Von Detten's (Erwin Lawson) sixteenth birthday.
- This is one of the three episodes mentioned in the movie, Recess Christmas: Miracle on Third Street.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli/Kid #4 - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster/Gus' Mom - April Winchell
- Gelman/Kid #2 - Justin Shenkarow
- Dave - Ryan O'Donohue
- Stemple - Justin Jon Ross
- Kid #3 - Klee Bragger
- Gus' Dad - Sam McMurray
- Kid #1 - Francesca Smith