|Good Ole T.J.|
|Season 04, Episode 40|
|Air Date||April 30, 2000|
|Previous||Me No Know|
|Written By||Libby Bideau and Sandy Adomaitis|
|Directed By||Howy Parkins|
Gretchen gets jealous of T.J. for getting away with any type of rule-breaking.
Gretchen finds herself being somewhat resentful of T.J., and his ability to talk his way out of trouble. While she is tardied, assigned to garbage detail and has to go without chocolate milk, T.J. manages to get what he wants. So, when Ms Grotke assigns them both together for a project on Ancient Civilizations, she is extremely worried, and angered by his lack of responsibility.
However, the other members of the Recess Gang tell her of times when they worked with T.J., and how much fun they had. Gretchen decides to go along with T.J.'s idea of making a sugar-cube pyramid with an army man inside, but on presentation day, T.J. accidently melts the pyramid with tea. They recieve a minimal pass, which is the lowest grade Gretchen has ever had. This saddens her, which leads T.J. to stay up all night to create an alternative project.
The next day, T.J. shows his presentation on Ancient Mesopotamia (Gretchen's original idea), and Gretchen joins in. Their grade is raised to an A, to which Gretchen utters "Good Ole T.J.!"
- Coloring Error: At the beginning of this episode, Ashley T. had red hair instead of brown.
- Continuity Error: When Gretchen shows up late, Gus mentions that she's never been absent. However, she was absent once in "Germ Warfare". The episodes may have been aired out of order.
- This episode was cut from the Italian dub.
- This was the final episode of the series to air on ABC, as after its re-airing airing on August 28, 2004, Fillmore! replaced its timeslot on ABC Kids.
- At the end of Mikey's Roman poem, he recites the words "sum, es, est, summus, estis, sunt". These are all the conjugations for the Latin verb "esse", which means "to be". This means Mikey ended his poem with (strangely) "I am, you are, he is, we are, you all are, they are".
- This is the third time members of the gang are shown as second graders, the previous instances being "Teachers Lounge" and "The Story of Whomps".
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Lunchlady Irma - Tress MacNeille