T.J. and the gang were first introduced to the club after T.J.'s successful protest against certain new school policies. Eventually, the gang gets a bit sick of it - with the exception Mikey and Gus that is. They begin to make fun of the lower Grades behind their back, along with their so-called new friends, frequent antagonists of the game. T.J. and the rest of the gang (except Mikey and Gus) then bring in new First Graders, Hector and Tubby, much to everyone's anger, except Mikey and Gus, who apologize and join with the rest of the gang and the First Graders. They are then saved from a harsh punishment from King Freddy II by the old king, Bob. Afterwards, the gang is banned from the club - as a renewed punishment, which they don't mind.
- Many of the former Fourth and Fifth Grade characters in the show are seen in the club.
- Menlo, who by now was Menlo by Royal Decree, knew the access code to the club. This could have possibly been due to some members of the club wanting to come into school early, and King Freddy II not wanting to come in on that time.
- The club is accessed through a tic-tac-toe-like mechanism.
- King Bob is in Seventh Grade - and a different school - went he returns to the club in this part of the feature-length movie "Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade."
- Hector and Tubby are the first First Graders to ever go into the club (whilst currently in the First Grade.)
- Randall was banned from the club because he's a snitch.
- In this part of the feature-length movie "Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade," this is the last time we see King Bob.