While the channel originally broadcasted shows based off of pre-existing Disney franchises, it now usually shows preteen oriented sitcoms such as Hannah Montana and Shake it Up, as well as cartoons such as Phineas & Ferb and Fish Hooks. Early in the morning, usually from midnight to 3:30 AM, the channel would air earlier Disney animated programs, usually from One Saturday Morning, older Disney Channel movies, or Phineas & Ferb reruns. The channel also broadcasts many Disney movies.
During the morning hours of the channel, it would show preschool oriented programming under the Disney Junior brand (known as Playhouse Disney from 1997 until 2011), airing shows such as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
Recess was reran many times on Disney Channel, from 2002 to 2006, and then from 2008 to 2010.
- Toon Disney (1998-2009)
- Disney Cinemagic (2006) (Europe only)
- Disney XD (2009, replaced Toon Disney)
- Disney Junior (2012, replaced SOAPNet)
- Andrew Lawrence, the second voice of T.J., was the star of many Disney Channel Original Movies (DCOM) in the late 1990s and early 2000s. His last film for the network as of 2011 was Going to the Mat.
- The announcer for Playhouse Disney from 2002 until 2007 was Allyce Beasly, the voice of Miss Grotke.
- Recess was the most rerun show on Disney Channel out of all the shows on One Saturday Morning.