|Season 03, Episode 14|
|Air Date||January 15, 2000|
|Previous||My Funny Valentines|
|Next||The Library Kid|
When Ms Grotke runs out of new history books, T.J. has to make do with a very old one claiming that 'man will never walk on the moon'. Opening it, he finds a treasure map, which he shows to the gang at recess. Gretchen leads them through the clues, which take them through the playground. Ms Finster notices their movements, and reports this to Prinicpal Prickly , who writes them off as childish strangeness. However, as Finster leaves, he ponders over their counting of paces ...
The final clue leads the gang to the fence surrounding the playground. Gretchen reveals that, when the map was created, the playground was much wider than it is now, and so the treasure is buried under the facualty parking lot. T.J. suggests consulting diggers Dave and Sam for help, who suggest digging a tunnel from somewhere else. T.J. suggests the Ashley's clubhouse, and the girls agree in return for an equal share of the treasure, and for their possessions to not be covered in dirt. The gang obey by carrying the dirt out in turns and dumping them inconspicuously around the playground. However, Mikey accidently attracts Randall 's attention, and blurts out the situation. Randall agrees to keep quiet, in exchange for an equal share, and becomes a lookout. This makes Finster suspicious again, but once again Prickly sends her away.
Inside, both Vince and Spinelli excuse themselves from class, and make a pact to dig up the treasure to keep it for themselves. However, the others catch them before they can, and they make their way to the clubhouse together. Once there, they find that the Ashleys, Randall and the Diggers are already there, and they fight over the treasure. In the scuffle, the chest is broken open, to reveal a collection of old toys and a letter, which explains that a bunch of kids had put these in for future kids to play with. Feeling horrible for the way they acted, the kids agree to put their own toys in the chest, after playing with the old toys.
In his office, Prickly makes a call to an old school friend, to tell him that they found the treasure at last, revealing that it was them who hid the treasure in the first place, 40 years, 6 months, 7 hours, 12 minutes and 26 seconds before.
- Coloring error: When the gang arrive at the facuilty parking lot, Spinlli's hat turns red.
- Coloring error: When the gang find Randall in the Ashleys' clubhouse, Ashley B.'s skirt is green.
- Coloring error: When the Diggers find the treasure, Ashley T.'s legs are bare, but the top of them are still colored green, making it appear as if she was wearing leggings.
- When the gang finds the letter in the chest, the letter is shown incomplete but Gretchen keeps reading on.
- This was the final episode to be written by Peter Gaffney.
- T.J. Detweiler - Andrew Lawrence
- Vince LaSalle - Rickey D'Shon Collins
- Ashley Spinelli/Kindergartener - Pamela Segall-Adlon
- Gretchen Grundler - Ashley Johnson
- Mikey Blumberg - Jason Davis
- Gus Griswald - Courtland Mead
- Miss Finster - April Winchell
- Miss Grotke - Allyce Beasley
- Principal Prickly - Dabney Coleman
- Randall Weemes/Dave - Ryan O'Donohue
- Sam - Klee Bragger
- Captain Sticky - E.G. Daily
- Ashley Armbruster - Anndi McAfee
- Ashley Boulet - Francesca Smith
- Ashley Quinlan - Rachel Crane